Iron Horse 512 Is Home Base for the Top 10 Summer Activities in the Village
Wake up as the sun shines into one of the 4 bedrooms that overlook the Village and base of Northstar mountain. Enjoy the warm tile on your feet as you brush your teeth and step into the shower. Ready for coffee? Starbucks is steps away brewing your favorite cappuccino. What does the day have in store? Here's our "Top 10" favorite activities with Iron Horse 512 Northstar as your home base.
- A fast paced mountain bike ride at the Northstar's mountain bike park. Bike rentals are downstairs and trails wind down right to your door.
- Fly fishing at Sawmill Lake or a nature hike with a little help from the Vista Express chairlift to start the day off on a higher level. Gondola access to the mountain is a 3 minute walk and easy to navigate trail maps are readily available.
- For more adventure, a quick 15 minute drive will have you paddling the crystal blue water on Lake Tahoe. Waterman’s Landing will have you set up and in the water, no hassle, no fuss.
- Enjoy a spa treatment at the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe which is a 8 minute scenic gondola ride away or stroll into the Balance Health Spa in the heart of the Village and sink into bliss for a few hours.
- Lunch in the Village is easy with Rubicon pizza/italian fare or get a grab and go sandwich at Earthly Delights to enjoy in the comfort of your own living room or sunny deck.
- For a workout or a relaxing steam, head to the Village Swim and Fitness center which is a 2 minute walk from your door.
- For a spontaneous tee time, Northstar golf course is a 5 minute drive and offers amazing Martis Valley views with a full service golf shop and restaurant.
- A kids play land awaits daily with mini golf throughout the Village, Build a Bear, Make a Candle, roller skating, bungee trampoline, rock climbing wall, and gold panning. No need to even get in the car.
- Gather around the ice rink for live music on the Village stage or have a private party on your patio as you watch from your perch above it all.
- Dinner options are endless with Mexican at Taco Jalisco (a real local’s favorite), burgers at Chocolate Bar or sushi at the legendary Mikuni’s.