Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ski season is here!! Big snow on the way...




That was fast! Northstar and Squaw are opening this Saturday, November 21st!

AND we are expecting our first major storm of the season tomorrow. I hope you all are ready!


From Northstar's Website:

Open Saturday, Nov. 21
Northstar® Resort opens for its 37th ski/ride season on Nov. 21 with four lifts turning, access to beginner/interm. trails,
affordable lift tickets, more big storms in the forecast, & some of the best early season conditions since the 1994.95 season!

** Also take note that the ice skating rink in the Village at Northstar will be opening on Saturday "weather permitting"**

From Squaw Valley USA's Website:

It's snowing at Squaw! Make plans to get here this weekend for skiing and riding as well as our Opening Day Celebration.
We'll have
snowtubing at the Papoose Discovery Center this weekend, 10am-3:30pm, just $12.




I have got my ski quiver prepared to bring to work: The BIG powder skis, the "groomer" skis, the "in between day" skis and of course the "rock" skis (the pair I don't mind trashing). AND, I have picked up both of my ski passes, this year the mountains of choice will be Squaw and, of course, Northstar. Can you tell that I am excited?


Looks like about 2 feet of snow up on the mountains on Friday. Weather Vane Brad?? What's the word?


No comments:

Post a Comment