Saturday, December 19, 2009

Manzanita at The Ritz-Carlton Highlands, Lake Tahoe


Well, it is now my running joke that I should just camp out up at the Manzanita restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton Highlands property here at Northstar.


All of my friends and clients want to go eat up there so it seems I have been almost a permanent fixture there. And, I have at least 8 more lunch and/or dinner appointments up there in the next 2 weeks. I am getting spoiled and loving it.


The food is amazing. A few days ago, a friend of mine said to order the "Warm Bread Salad". I said, "will do" but in my head was really questioning what a warm bread salad could be. When given the opportunity, I went for the "safe bet" Dungeness Crab Sliders and our table shared a macaroni and cheese side. (I will get back to the mac and cheese later...). The crab cakes were wonderful, my husband Brad had the Manzanita Sandwich and was in food bliss. Topped off with some Butternut Creme Brulee (yum)...we could barely walk out the door.


But, I still had to wonder. What is a Warm Bread Salad?? (Pictured on the left from the Manzanita website go to www.manzanitalaketahoe.com for more info and menu )


Well, I had one yesterday, and I can say it is like heaven. Everyone should try it. I can't do it justice to try and explain the perfect blend and array of flavors. Just trust me......Hopefully I have made you curious enough that you will want to order it. It is the ultimate taste symphony.


Oh, and yes, the mac and cheese is out of this world. I happen to consider myself a bit of a mac and cheese connoisseur, and Manzanita has made theirs scrumptious.
(On a side note, the mac and cheese at Schaffer's Camp is phenomenal as well).


I'll be anxious to hear what your favorite dish at Manzanita is....let me know! In the meantime, I will be diligently working on trying everything else on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment